Escapology is an “Escape Room” based in Guayaquil Ecuador – where participants have to play the game by finding clues in the room they have to escape from.
- Client: Escapology
- Category: Business development
- Expertise: UX/UI Design, Business Analysis
- Tools: Miro, Figma
Escape rooms in Ecuador are very scarce and there are many people that don’t even know about them. Escapology which is the company we are going to focus on is well know in Guayaquil and they have many issues with online reservations, keeping clientes satisfied and making sure they come back.
Users and audience
Users are from teenagers to people that are going on tourism trips. Specially teen that go on school trips.
Roles and responsibilities
The project was solved by an interdisciplinary team of five people, where I contributed with:
- Design Thinking Leadership
- Customer development with journey mapping
- Brain storming sessions
- Business analysis
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping
- User testing and interviews
Scope and constraints
The project is only a value proposal and it has not been implemented yet. The idea was to find through design thinking methods where the company was lacking and how to improve this. Since our group focuses only on digital products, we offered a digital transformation focusing on:
- Website improvement
- Wallet VIP card
Discover: The first step was to develop the customer experience through interviews and surveys to build the user persona. Then we mapped the user journey to identify pain points and value proposals to those pain points. We also mapped on the same journey the costs analysis of every step the user has to take.
Define: throught brainstorming sessions we brought together the best posible solution across the whole user journey which was to give a better reserve experience and a feedback solution.
Develop: To validate our idea we build a quick wireframe with the journey of the client through the different steps of the process.
Distribute: With a low-fi prototype we tested the idea with the clients. Once we had the results we iterated and made changes and updated the prototype to a hi-fi version and tested a second time before it was sent to development.
As this was a hypothetic project made with business students, we didn’t implement the plan but it was sure to have a great success since we developed it beside the ideas of the clients.